Serves 4-6 // Prep time 10-15 min // Cook time 40 min approx.
- 700g potatoes (peeled & roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened plant milk
- 300g frozen Quorn vegan mince (or any other meat-free mince)
- 1 pack of ready to eat puy lentils
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (finely chopped)
- 100g frozen or tinned peas
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp vegan-friendly Worchester sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornflower mixed into a paste with a tbsp of cold water
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Boil potatoes until tender (around 15 minutes) and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large pan and add onion and carrot until the onion has softened.
- Then add the quorn mince, lentils, peas, veg stock, tomato puree and Worchester sauce. Add seasonings to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add cornflower paste and simmer gently until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile mash the potatoes with the plant milk (could also add vegan butter here too) until smooth and season to taste.
- Place the quorn filling in an ovenproof dish and spoon over the potato. Fluff the top using a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp.